- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Repare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone, structural tiles and similar materials to construct or repair walls, foundations and other structures in residential, industrial and commercial construction;
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations.
- Brick Mason
Fields of work
- Bricklaying contractor
- Construction or renovation companie
- Stone-cutting workshop
- Private contractors
- Very good
- Favourable trade for entrepreneurship
$49,655/ year for a journeyman
Source : ccq.org - Website
7 h 45 to 15 h
For more information, consult the AdmissionFP website
Duration : 900 hours
(around 8 months)
Books : $61.90
Attire Required : $299.50
Additional fees: $120 to 180$
Total: $481.40 to $541.40
French program also available — Briquetage – maçonnerie
Persons holding a Secondary School Diploma or its recognized equivalent.
Persons who are at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the school year in which their training is to begin and have earned the Secondary III credits in language of instruction, second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
Persons who are at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites: the successful completion of the General Development Test , and recognition of equivalent learning.